Hyeonseo Lee managed to escape North Korea, TWICE. She went back a second time to save her family. Here’s the tragic and amazing story of how she accomplished it.
- At 0:50, she starts in on what happens in North Korea.
- At 1:16, she talks about a horrific letter from her co-worker’s sister.
- At 1:50, she talks about something she will never erase from her memory.
- At 2:47, she shows us an enlightening map.
- At 4:20, her worst nightmare comes true.
- At 5:23, she shares a tiny bit of happy news.
- At 6:22, she moves and faces more challenges.
- At 6:55, she makes a heartbreaking confession.
- At 7:12, North Korea decides to threaten her family as vengeance.
- At 7:35, she explains how people escape.
- At 8:20, the old “show me your papers” line wields its ugly head.
- At 9:00, her family is arrested multiple times and held for a month. Then she runs out of bribe money.
- At 9:45, a hero arrives. And we start tearing up a little.
- At 10:53, we get a happy ending. And she suggests some ways to actually help.
- And at 12:00, the audience rewards her bravery and resolve with a standing ovation.
Then you may feel the urge to share this. And you may feel the urge to like her on Facebook, at which point, I’ll totally owe you one. It’s an important story, and everyone should get the opportunity to hear it.